TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR DOORS, WINDOWS AND CONSERVATORIES on Chesterfield and The Surrounding Areas
1. Deposits and Stage Payments
If the order is of any significant value (above £5000), a deposit of 25% of the order value will be required 14 days prior to the commencement of work. This value will be deducted from the Final Invoice amount.
If the order value is above £10,000, a deposit of 25% of the order value will be required 14 days prior to the commencement of work and another 25% of the order value will be due 7 days after commencement of installation. The remaining 50% will be due in line with the Payment Terms specified on the Invoice.
We offer an Insurance Backed Guarantee policy to all our Window, Door and Conservatory customers. Under the changes in the Building Regulations that came into effect in April 2002, every consumer must be offered the opportunity to purchase an insurance policy to cover their installer's guarantee/warranty should the installer, for some reason, be unable to fulfil its guarantee obligations. S.K Sanderson has included this Insurance Policy in with this contract hence there is no need for the customer to purchase. This Insurance Backed Guarantee covers all that Sanderson Windows Sanderson offer in their own warranty/guarantee (Section 8), but will become operational in the event that we cease to trade within the period of insurance.
2. You have the right to cancel this contract if you want to;
This right can be exercised by delivering or sending a cancellation notice to the person/company mentioned in the next paragraph at anytime within the period of seven days starting with the day of receipt of a notice in writing of the right to cancel this contract.
The cancellation notice may be given to Sanderson Windows 4 Riverside Crescent, Holymoorside Chesterfield, Derbyshire S42 7EH [email protected]-windows.co.uk 01246 566197. If you are unhappy with your contract for any reason it can be cancelled and a refund of the deposit can be obtained by taking or sending a letter to us at Sanderson Windows
You may use the cancellation form provided with this contract if you so wish.
The notice of cancellation is deemed to be served as soon as it is posted or sent to Sanderson Windows or in the case of an electronic communication from the day it is sent to Sanderson Windows.
You may be required to pay for the goods or services supplied if the performance of this contract has begun with your written agreement before the end of the cancellation period.
Any related credit agreement will be automatically cancelled if the contract for goods and services is cancelled.
3. Following any survey which reveals significant unforeseen additional work being required at an extra cost to you or your property being unsafe or unsuitable for the work to be carried out, both you or we have the right to cancel the contract. The Survey would take place at a time agreed by you and us, but no later than 14 days after the signing of the contract.
In the above event you will be provided with full details of the survey findings and
any deposit will be returned to you.
4. a) You will allow installation to commence within the estimated installation period. If within 6 weeks of the end of the estimated installation period, you are unable to accept an appointment for installation, 80% of the purchase price is then payable and installation or delivery will follow as soon as is reasonably practicable by agreement between us.
b) If the work is not commenced within the estimated installation period stated in the contract, you may write to us, requiring the work to be completed within six weeks or some other period agreed (preferably in writing) between you and us. If the work is not completed within this extended period, you may cancel the outstanding work covered by the contract without penalty to yourself by sending us a letter advising us of your wishes.
We recommend that you send this letter by recorded delivery. In addition, you will be entitled to a refund of any monies which represent a payment for the installation of materials by us in excess of any work actually carried out by ourselves. However, if we carried out any work to a value which exceeds any payment made by you we will be entitled to the payment of the difference. In the event of cancellation, you are entitled to deduct any additional amount which can be shown if you have to pay more than the purchase price to others to complete the installation. In any of the above cases the value of the work will be agreed by you and us.
c) We shall not be liable for any delay in the completion of the work which arises from causes beyond our control. (for example fire, flooding, civil disturbances, strike action by others, criminal damage and acts of war.)
d) You or we are entitled to cancel this contract in the event of any serious breach of contract by you or us.
5. You will pay us the balance of the purchase price when you are reasonably satisfied that the products have been properly installed in accordance with the terms of this contract.
6. We shall retain ownership of any goods which have not yet been fixed to your
property, until the purchase price has been paid.
7. a) We will remove and dispose of all replaced existing doors, windows and/or
frames unless you ask us to leave them on your premises.
b) We will be liable for any damage caused to your property which was not necessary for the completion of the contract and such damage was caused by us not exercising reasonable care and skill.
8. a) Regarding the quality and description of the goods and/or services:
We guarantee to repair where we deem it to be practicable and appropriate, and if not, to replace, free of all charges for labour and materials, any product including any insulating glass unit which develops a fault, (including condensation between the glasses of the units) and the construction of the base of a conservatory if included in the installation, due to defective materials or workmanship. The Company guarantees PVCu frames against rotting, warping, peeling, fading and flaking for 10 years from the date stated on the order form. All hardware is guaranteed for 1 year, the sealed units are guaranteed for 5 years and the Yale door gearing comes with a 10 year guarantee. Other products are guaranteed within 5 years of the date of installation. (Note: The 5 year period of guarantee is a minimum and can be increased, should the company wish).
You must notify us of any claim under the terms of this guarantee within 28 days of discovery of the fault, preferably by sending us a recorded delivery letter.
This guarantee is invalidated if the materials have been misused, abused neglected or not protected (painting or otherwise) in a satisfactory manner.
b) Despite the fact that your statutory rights remain unaffected, this guarantee does not extend to:-
* Minor imperfections within the glass and outside the scope of the visual quality standards of the Glass and Glazing Federation;
* Damage due to misuse, neglect or lack of maintenance by you, or from causes beyond our control, (for example fire, flooding, civil disturbance, criminal damage or acts of war).
* Specialist items installed, for example electrical ventilators, batteries etc, where the manufacturer’s normal guarantee will apply.
* Any work(s) carried out by others associated with this installation or to those parts of this installation affected by work(s) by others, other than work(s) carried out by this company or its employees and sub-contractors.
* Any condensation which appears on the outside of the panes of glass.
9. Nothing in these conditions will reduce your statutory rights relating to faulty or miss-described goods and services. For further information
about your statutory rights contact your Local Authority Trading
Standards Department or Citizens Advise Bureau.
If you wish to cancel this contract you MUST DO SO IN WRITING and deliver personally or send (which may be done by electronic mail) this to the person named below. You may use this form if you want to but you do not have to.
(Complete, detach and return this form ONLY IF YOU WISH TO CANCEL THE CONTRACT)
TO………Sanderson Windows, 12 Dale View Earl Sterndale, Buxton Derbyshire SK17 0BT
I/WE (delete as appropriate) hereby give notice that I/We (delete as appropriate) wish to cancel my/our (delete as appropriate) contract QUOTATION NUMBER ……………
Name and address……………………………………………………………………..